AFI vs WOG (ARMA 3) ?

Nkey

Re: AFI vs WOG (ARMA 3) ?

Post by Nkey »

First mission (Dead Island) is ready (will tested soon), you can get it here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zi2e7m21i8yv ... -HfJlZQWqa

AFI task (BLUEFOR) need to save 2 crates with equipment at Makrynisi Island for an hour. WOG (AFF) will attack from the water. BLUEFOR forces have better equipment but AAF plans to provide more soldiers, highly trained soldiers :)

We have not much time currently, will you able to create spreadsheet with slots at your side?
JP-9000

Post by JP-9000 »

Just had a quick look, looks like a really fun scenario!

I'll also make our slotting spreadsheet right away.
JP-9000

Post by JP-9000 »

Nkey, would it be possible to have a few larger groups instead of 13 small ones? We commonly play with groups of 9 which consist of 1 squad leader, 2 team leaders and 6 regular infantrymen (i.e. two fireteams). But if it's too much of a hassle to change the slots, we'll make do with what we have now.

Secondly, we had talks about having a small test event on WOG's server to make sure everything works prior to the actual event, any update on that?
Nkey

Post by Nkey »

JP-9000 wrote:Nkey, would it be possible to have a few larger groups instead of 13 small ones? We commonly play with groups of 9 which consist of 1 squad leader, 2 team leaders and 6 regular infantrymen (i.e. two fireteams). But if it's too much of a hassle to change the slots, we'll make do with what we have now.

Secondly, we had talks about having a small test event on WOG's server, any update on that?
Map maker on holiday now - so, if it possible to leave slot this way it will be good...
Regarding event - soon it will possible to join server during week days (except Friday and Saturday).

PS
New map is coming.
Nkey

Post by Nkey »

Hello guys.
You able to test addons on our server during Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. This and next week.

It is recommended to use vanilla missions because some of them on server are broken.
You should be able to vote for admin via: #vote admin nickname in chat (i hope it works :) )

-mod=@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio;@sthud_a3;

SF ArmA3 WOG Server #1 (5.178.87.216 :2312)
Password: wogames
TS: 31.131.251.124:9988
JP-9000

Post by JP-9000 »

Ok, thanks! I'm not sure what day we'll use yet, but I'll let you know when I do.
Nkey

Post by Nkey »

New map - https://www.dropbox.com/s/4e4vnrw8qz6z8 ... .Altis.pbo (AFI is BLUEFOR as far as I know)
JP-9000

Post by JP-9000 »

Looking pretty good, but there's one pretty big problem: there's 80 slots for AFI. Currently we have around 35 signups for the event and I'm confident we can get at least 50 players online, but anything above that is highly uncertain. Also, there were some script errors when I tried the mission and parts of the briefing were in Russian. Furthermore, the thought of having just one commander responsible for mech inf, motorized inf, air assets and recon is pretty intimidating. Usually the way AFI conducts joint operations is that the CO has at least a platoon sergeant / XO and a radio operator / JTAC in the command group to delegate some of the assets to (ie. the PSG/XO communicates with armor, radio officer / JTAC keeps in touch with air assets and so forth).
Paavo

Post by Paavo »

I am sorry, but this is important:

We will need more then 10 minutes to do the briefing. We are playing with an unknown ORBAT (roster), and we will need to figure out many things such as our commandstructure, callsigns and radiochannels.
Nkey

Post by Nkey »

Paavo wrote:I am sorry, but this is important:

We will need more then 10 minutes to do the briefing. We are playing with an unknown ORBAT (roster), and we will need to figure out many things such as our commandstructure, callsigns and radiochannels.
Not a problem, lets use 20 minutes.